Full Time Preventionist
$42,000.00-$48,000.00 (depending on experience)
This is a full-time position with the agency and competitive benefits are provided. Frequent acess to training and/or support to get scholarships due to the agency's nonprofit status. Stipend for maintaining expertise is provided. Annual bonuses are provided. Hybrid work from home/office is available.
History of the Position:
Mercer Council has been providing evidence-based prevention curriculum for 45 years. The Preventionist is responsible for coordinating collaborations with community groups and recruiting participants for evidence-based programming, creating lesson planning, managing and facilitating K-12 evidence-based prevention curriculum throughout Mercer County.
- Coordinate collaboration with Mercer County's agencies, government offices, other organizations to roll out grant-required programs.
- Recruit participants for evidence-based programs.
- Organize other staff members to assist with the programs.
- Facilitates evidence-based substance abuse, mental health and violence prevention programs throughout Mercer County.
- Responsible for keeping the fidelity of the curriculum, the coordination and design of classroom materials, pre/post tests, teacher packets and follow-up.
- Implements all prevention activities of agency, groups and individuals to meet identified needs.
- Maintains knowledge and develops expertise of existing evidence based or informed prevention resources and services.
- Interprets needs, programs and services to agencies, groups and individuals involved.
- Prepares programmatic and statistical reports and disseminates information.
- Creates and maintains collaborative partnerships with Mercer County schools, administrators, and other school district staff.
- Maintains consistent hybrid work from home/office hours to accomplish above.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (public health, psychology, social work, or education)
- Pass background check and fingerprinting.
- Confidence with using social media, blogging, Microsoft Software, YouTube, Google Workspace
- CPS is expected as part of your professional development in the first 2-3 years of being employed.
- Bilingual candidates will be preferred (Spanish, Polish, Hindi, Urdu, Arabic, French).
- Knowledge or experience working with school age youth is desirable.
- Media specialist, CPS, SAC, teaching certificate desirable.
- Bicultural and all gender candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge of Mercer County resources and providers is helpful.
- Proactive, lifelong learner, self-directed and passionate about prevention.