Part Time Prevention Educator
$25.00 an hour
This is a part time position with the agency. Access to training and/or support to get scholarships due to the nonprofit status. Stipend for maintaining expertise is provided. Possible bonus opportunities depending on the grant and hours provided. Hybrid work from home/office is available. Hours can be flexible, follows school/classroom schedules.
History of the Position:
Mercer Council has been providing evidenced based prevention curriculum for 45 years. The Prevention Educator is responsible for lesson planning, managing and facilitating K-12 evidenced based prevention curriculum throughout the Mercer County school districts.
- Facilitates evidenced based substance abuse, mental health and violence prevention programs throughout Mercer County.
- Responsible for keeping the fidelity of the curriculum, the coordination and design of classroom materials, pre/post tests, teacher packets and follow-up.
- Maintains knowledge and develops expertise of existing evidence based or informed prevention resources and services.
- Prepares programmatic and statistical reports and disseminates information.
- Creates and maintains collaborative partnerships with Mercer County schools, administrators, and other school district staff.
- Maintains consistent hybrid work from home/office hours to accomplish above.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) in public health, psychology, social work, or education Pass background check and fingerprinting
- Confidence with using social media, blogging, Microsoft Software, YouTube, Google Workspace
- Bilingual candidates will be preferred (Spanish, Polish, Hindi, Urdu, Arabic, French).
- Knowledge or experience working with school age youth is desirable.
- Media specialist, CPS, SAC, teaching certificate desirable.
- Bicultural and all gender candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Knowledge of Mercer County resources and providers is helpful.
- Proactive, life long learner, self-directed and passionate about prevention.