National Prevention Week 2020 is Almost Here!
Prevention happens all year round, but next week has traditionally been the official week to celebrate and promote prevention! It’s up to all of us to take part in preventing substance abuse in our communities. Check out some of the top federal publications, campaigns, and resources related to each of the NPW daily themes below, and visit the NPW Prevention Resources page for more resources from the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) to support your work. Let us know how you promote prevention!
- Monday, May 11: Preventing Prescription Drug and Opioid Misuse
- Tuesday, May 12: Preventing Underage Drinking and Alcohol Misuse
- Wednesday, May 13: Preventing Illicit Drug Use and Youth Marijuana Use
- Thursday, May 14: Preventing Youth Tobacco Use (E-Cigarettes and Vaping)
- Friday, May 15: Preventing Suicide