Vote November 3, 2020
Election Day is quickly approaching on November 3rd, 2020! Voting is a privilege to those who are able and an opportunity for the many voices of our communities to be heard. Each year on Election Day, Mercer Council closes their office to allow staff to prioritize exercising their right to vote. Although the election will look slightly different this year and most of our staff will not be headed to physical polling locations to cast their votes, we will follow the tradition of closing our office to observe the importance of voting.
We hope that members of our community will be casting their votes alongside us and encourage everyone to have the information and resources they need to make sure their registrations are active and that they have applied for absentee ballots if they are required to vote by mail this year. To receive your ballot by mail, requests for ballots must be received by the county clerk 7 days prior to Election Day. In order to make sure your ballot is counted, it is recommended that your ballot be mailed at least 7 days prior to Election Day. If you will be heading to the polls, you will be provided a provisional paper ballot. Those who require ADA considerations will be accomodated, per the NJ Division of elections. As a result of the pandemic and the changes to voting as a result, we thought it would be helpful to compile a list of resources that may answer any questions you have or provide details that remove uncertainty and prepare you to make your voice count!
Please see the links below!
- To register to vote Click Here https://voter.svrs.nj.gov/register Last Date to Register is October 13, 2020
- Check your registration status Click Here https://voter.svrs.nj.gov/registration-check
- To request a Vote by mail Ballot Click Here https://nj.gov/state/elections/vote-by-mail.shtml
- Find your polling place Click Here https://voter.svrs.nj.gov/polling-place-search
- For Voter Information Portal and FAQ about voting in NJ Click Here https://nj.gov/state/elections/index.shtml
- To register to track your mail in ballot Click Here https://voter.svrs.nj.gov/auth/sign-in
Remember to Vote November 3, 2020